For some time my deputy, Ange Fitzpatrick, and I have been playing around with the idea of producing a regular podcast. Today we finally took the plunge and in no time at all – without stopping and with no script to speak of – produced the first edition on Audioboo.
It was a very enjoyable experience and one we plan to keep going for the forseeable future.
Why are we doing it though?
- To rant about stuff that annoys us (although not in a career ending way!)
- To rave about things we like
- To discuss professional library issues
- To explore and review new sites, books and articles
- To keep ourselves professionally engaged
- To discuss our experiences of running a busy library service
Obviously lots of stuff won’t make it into each podcast – the confidential, the truly sensitive – but rest assured, as the title suggests, we will rant.
There are plans to have guests in future podcasts and possibly even proper sound effects. Gosh!
If you want to listen to the festive introductory edition, go visit: http://audioboo.fm/TheLibraryRant
And a happy Christmas to you all!